The main aim of any firm, big or small, is customer satisfaction.
No one likes to be delivered a defected product. What adds to the frustration is when you contact the company to repair or replace it, the company doesn’t respond in a satisfactory manner. As much as the revenues are important for effective business, if a company doesn’t recognize the fact that the customer is the only priority and aiding to them when things go wrong, sooner or later, your business is doomed for failure.
- While it is important for you to care for the quality of your product, it is also important to make sure the product is being delivered safely to the end customer, the customer is being delivered a product that works, and it is also important for you to make sure the customer is explained how the product is too be operated. Additionally, in case the customer has any queries, they should be able to contact the concerned professional easily.
- The customer shouldn’t for once feel put out or dismissed. Make sure you have enough staff in your customer service department, so that they are not made to wait for long hours before their call can connected to a customer service executive.
- The next most important aspect of good customer service, apart for care and passion, is effective communication. Communication involves much more than plain command over the language, it requires the executive on line to be patient and respectful. The customer should be treated as correct. It is the responsibility of the customer service professional to calm down a unhappy, frustrated customer. At the end of the call, the customer should be left feeling satisfied that the company will do something about the problem.
- Your company should be willing to provide 24/7 technical support for its customers.
- Instead of automated messages, there should be a provision of human-to-human conversation service. A customer is always more comfortable talking to another person instead of pressing keys on their phones to register their complaints.
- Sometimes, the customer on the other end of the call doesn’t clearly understand the instructions. In such situations, it is important for the customer service executives not to antagonize their displeased customers, but be cooperative.
- NEVER charge extra fees for consulting for or repairing any product that was delivered damaged or broken.
It is important to have a customer service team that aims to attend their distressed customer with a sense of patience. A happy customer will keep coming back and bring back some more.